We require the following minimum cloth lengths based on your height and chest size up to US mens size 42. Of course, it's always better to provide more cloth than the minimum. All minimum cloth lengths assume a standard 59-62 inch (150 - 157 cm) cloth width.
For garments, heights, cloth widths or chest sizes not listed here, please consult with us first before purchasing your cloth.
Lengths below can accommodate single or double breasted and patterned cloth.
Height up to 5’7” and chest size up to US size 42
- Sports jacket = 1.75 yards (1.6 meters)
- Trousers = 1.3 yards (1.2 meters)
- 2 piece suit = 3.2 yards (2.9 meters) includes extra cloth budgeted for complex patterns, self-lining or other requests
Height up to 5’11” and chest size up to US size 42
- Sports jacket = 1.9 yards (1.7 meters)
- Trousers = 1.4 yards (1.3 meters)
- 2 piece suit = 3.4 yards (3.1 meters) includes extra cloth budgeted for complex patterns, self-lining or other requests
If you are between 5'7" and 5'11", round up your height to 5'11".
Please note these cloth lengths are less than the generic cloth lengths cited on the web or by other cloth merchants or tailors (e.g. 2.5m for a jacket or 3.5m for a suit). Generic cloth lengths are intended to cover nearly 100 percent of possible body types and therefore include excess margin not needed by our tailor (or most Sicilian tailors for that matter).
We will provide lining for your commission and will tend to match lining color with the base or dominant color of your cloth but you will have a range of color options for lining and buttons.
If you wish to provide your own lining material and buttons, please include those at the same time you give us your cloth. Below are typical lengths for lining but please contact us to confirm:
- Half lining = 1.5 yards (1.35 meters)
- Full lining = 1.7 yards (1.55 meters)