We recommend the following fabric lengths based on your height within a normal weight range (up to US mens size 42). All cloth lengths assume a standard 62 inch cloth width. Lengths below can accommodate single or double breasted and patterned cloth.
Your height - up to 5’7” and US suit/jacket size 42
- Sports jacket = 1.75 yards (1.6 meters)
- Trousers = 1.3 yards (1.2 meters)
- 2 piece suit = 3.2 yards (2.9 meters) includes extra cloth budgeted for complex patterns, self-lining or other requests
Your height - up to 5’11” and US suit/jacket size 42
- Sports jacket = 1.9 yards (1.7 meters)
- Trousers = 1.4 yards (1.3 meters)
- 2 piece suit = 3.4 yards (3.1 meters) includes extra cloth budgeted for complex patterns, self-lining or other requests
If you are between 5'7" and 5'11", we recommend rounding up your height to 5'11" to be safe.
For other garments, height or weight combinations, please consult with us first before purchasing your cloth.
The tailor will provide lining for your commission and will tend to match lining color with the base or dominant color of your cloth but you will have a range of color options for lining and buttons.
If you wish to provide your own lining material and buttons, please include those at the same time you give us your cloth.
For your guidance, below are normal lengths for lining but please contact us to confirm:
- Full lining = 1.55 meters (or 1.7 yards)
- Half lining = 1.35 meters (or 1.5 yards)